.

Thursday, December 19, 2019

My Pre Conference With Mrs. Andruska - 818 Words

The purpose of my pre-conference with Mrs. Andruska was to establish a rapport with her, to learn about her teaching style, procedures, and upcoming lesson, and to collaboratively set a goal for the lesson I would be observing. When asking my first questions to Mrs. Andruska in our pre-conference, it became clear that she prides herself on providing highly effective instruction for all of her students. I asked her about the areas of her instruction that she takes pride in, and where she believes her biggest strengths are. She explained that she prides herself on incorporating a variety of music education methodologies into her teaching. These methodologies include Orff, Kodaly, and Dalcroz, all of which Mrs. Andruska has studied and obtained certifications in. Her attention to detail in her lesson design, preparation, and organization was evident when discussing the lesson I would be observing. I asked Mrs. Andruska the following questions in an attempt to learn more about any instructional challenges she is facing in her classroom: How have things been going in your classroom? Can you tell me about some areas that you are finding success? My goal is to offer you guidance that will help your teaching to improve. Are there any areas you feel we should focus on? 4. How will you know if all students are understanding the lesson? When listening to Mrs. Andruska explain to me which areas she finds herself to be successful, it became clear that her teaching style is

No comments:

Post a Comment